I’m going to go ahead and declare myself official cocktail representative for The Dry Soda Company. No, they didn’t ask me and no this is not a sponsored post. It is simply me sharing one of my favorite new ways to make cocktails. You see, pretty soon it’s going to be summer. In the summer I like big cocktails. Cocktails in a big glass with ice – no small sipping cocktail. Filling that big glass with alcohol would be problematic to say the least, so I love being able to top off my cocktail with a little mixer, a little soda, a little tonic.
Move over tonic and club soda, my new favorite topper is Dry Soda! I originally discovered them with this Gin Cucumber Cooler. I loved it so much, I decided to try my hand at a cocktail using their Dry Vanilla Bean Soda. After tasting the soda, it was just a matter of finding what went with it. After much happy sampling, we settled on 360 Madagascar Vanilla Vodka, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, St. Elder Elderflower Liqueur, and the Dry Vanilla Bean Soda. It was so good! The perfect Saturday afternoon, sitting on the back porch, watching the hummingbirds cocktail. It was sweet and refreshing!
- 1 1/2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Maraschino liqueur
- 1 can Dry Vanilla Bean Soda
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place ice cubes in tall collins glass.
- Fill shaker 1/2 full with ice. Add vodka, elderflower liqueur, lime juice, and maraschino liqueur. Shake vigorously for about 5-10 seconds. Strain over ice. Top with dry vanilla bean soda. Garnish with maraschino cherry.
Thanks to those who linked up to Tipsy Tuesday last week! The most clicked links were:
Cardinal Spirits from Our Good Life.
Pinot Slush from Year Round Giving.
Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Caipirinha Cocktail from A Dish of Daily Life.
This week I am linking up to:
Please join me for Tipsy Tuesday:
Please join me for Tipsy Tuesday