I was looking for a cocktail using pomegranate molasses and pomegranate juice and I found this Pomegranate Bourbon Cocktail on Serious Eats. Why did I have pomegranate molasses and pomegranate juice on hand, you might be wondering. I was making Homemade Grenadine, which if I had my act together would have all ready been posted on Sidewalk Shoes. But having my act together is not one of my strong points, so the homemade grenadine is actually being posted on Friday! I will come back, though and update that link on Friday.
Back to this cocktail! I can not say enough good things about it! The pomegranate molasses added a sweet quick which paired beautifully with the citrus from the orange juice and the smokey tones from the bourbon. It went down way too quick and in the blink of an eye, I found myself with another one in my hand. Luckily that one was perfect for sipping. I will definitely keep pomegranate juice and pomegranate molasses on hand so I can have this delicious cocktail any time I feel like it!
Shop this cocktail:
Grey is the New Black is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
- 1/4 ounce pomegranate molasses (we used Cortas)
- 1/2 ounce pomegranate juice (used Lakewood Organic)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces bourbon (used Bulleit)
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Orange twist
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add everything but the orange twist. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass and gently squeeze the orange peel over the drink to release some of the orange oil and drop into cocktail.
I’m linking up to:
Thursty Thursday @ Hopelessly Every After
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Please join me for Tipsy Tuesday